View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:42

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
EyesWeb and Resolume 

Hi!

I need to connect a patch on eyesweb with resolume via midi... I put two midi blocks (message generator and midi output) but resolume doesn't receive anything from midi channel I set.

My problem is that I just don't know exactly what parameters of midi message creator and midi output do... can somebody explain how I can make these 2 programs connect?

thanx

25 Apr 2008, 14:49
Profile WWW

Have you set up a virtual midi cable? Midi Yoke or http://www.hurchalla.com/Maple_driver.html or something?

You need to do this and then set the device name in the output parameters.

You also need to make sure you are triggering the message generator with a bang or something - the message won't send otherwise.

Use midi-ox to monitor the messages you are sending.http://www.midiox.com/ and experiment with the other parameters.

Good luck

Gavin

25 Apr 2008, 15:47

Yes, I had already set a virtual midi cable, now I installed Midi-Ox, but I think the problem is in Eyesweb's patch...
I put a message midi generator after a claculate area block, and then a midi output on the device of virtual midi.
I think the midi signal actually doesn't arrive at all at the specific device...

I was wondering if there is any particular setting of the midi blocks on eyesweb

thanx again

26 Apr 2008, 17:23
Profile WWW

Its hard to know what the problem is without seeing your patch.
Have you set the device in the Midi Output block?
If you are sending note on messages, try changing the velocity to something higher than 64 - maybe Note Off messages aren't recognised for some reason.
Try just making a simple patch with a trigger, midi message and output blocks?
Try a different virtual midi cable?
I dunno its all obvious stuff - you've probably tried it?
Good Luck
Gavin

27 Apr 2008, 11:49

What I have to do is to send a control change from 0 to 127 (managed by the area changing on the video) to a specific program change (wich manage an effect in resolume).
Do you think I have to set a note on message when a person is recognized in the area? And if I do, do I have to set separeted blocks for PROGRAM AND CONTROL CHANGE or I can do it with a single block?

I think I just made wrong connection between blocks, or maybe I missed something..

I uploaded the patch so you can see it.

thanx for your help, you are very kind

Attachments:
boundingbox_cam_calcarea.rar [7.36 KiB]
Downloaded 1137 times

27 Apr 2008, 22:51
Profile WWW

In your patch you seem to be triggering a control change message but the control is zero and the value is zero.
You need to export the two byte values in the Message generator block by ticking the checkboxes in the parameters.
Then set the first byte to the control you want to change and set the second to your variable.
I attach a patch which works here on my system.
You must also set the midi output device in Tools>options

Also - you do know that program change and control change are different?

Gavin

28 Apr 2008, 14:57

Yeah, I know the difference between control change and program change more or less (that's stuff of a friend who's controlling that part of the project), what I don't quite understand is what first and second byte mean... I mean, how that midi signal can materially go out from eyesweb...
sorry for my persistent questions, but I've been using eyesweb for only 2 or 3 weeks and these parts are a bit harder to make work.
and... you didn't uploaded the patch... :oops:

29 Apr 2008, 02:14
Profile WWW

OOps didn't notice that you can't attach .eywx files and the attachment was rejected.
So I've compressed it.

The first byte is the control channel. the second byte is the value.

Gavin

Attachments:
miditest.rar [2.38 KiB]
Downloaded 1137 times
29 Apr 2008, 11:17

Thank you very much!! :)
I'm gonna work on it.

Kiara

29 Apr 2008, 11:58
Profile WWW

Yes : thanks very much for this small example : it's a good idea to start with.
I've got Midi yoke , I'm using it to control some objects with motion capture in 3dsmax and it's working fine.
Pluging Eyesweb on the back of that to play with the camera blob tracking feature would be very nice.

On my machine : the simple Eyesweb sample you gave doesn't turn on the lights on Midi-OX , it looks like the output given by the MIDI generator is incorrect.
I plugged a Midi message field out of it in parrallel with the output to have a look at the values in a scalar output.

On the Status Byte (Type of midi message) it gives :
Note off : -128
Note on : -112
Polyphonic key pressure : -96
Control change : -80
Program change : -64
Pitch bend : -32
and Real time message : -16 (if you choose this one it stays stuck on it forever btw)

I wonder if these values are right , I tried to have a look to compare with what Midi-OX says (converted to hex) and I'm not sure it's the same...

Cheers.
Seb.

16 Oct 2008, 02:26
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next