View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:17

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
EyesWeb and DirectX 

Hi,

I can see in EW that it has some 3D rendering blocks and have heard that it supports DirectX. I essentially want to create a simple 3D 'Game' that will show in EW. So my questions are:
1. Where can I find documentation on these 3D blocks to figure out what they can do and how i can use them? ( I have been searching for hours to no avail)
2. Are there any tutorials on how to use these blocks with DirectX?
3. What is the benefit of also using VVVV with DirectX and EW? ( I heard it mentioned on another post)

Thanks in advance for any help!

18 Feb 2009, 15:59

Eyesweb have a simple set of tridimensional rendering blocks. You found them at ImageAndVideo\3DRendering position of blocks gerarchicial view.
These blocks do not use the DirectX library but use openGL library.
The tridimensional system support the camera position, camera rotation, lighting and materials system in the same way of openGl standard implementation.
The only available shape is a colored or textured rectangle with zero thickness (only width on X coordinate, height on Y coordinate and with Z fixed by a constant).

• When select a parameter you find some information about it in the bottom of the properties panel. This is the only documentation available due to the relatively younger introdution in eyesweb package. You can make a collection of queries and open another thread.
  • You can found some examples in the redistributed patches under Rendering3D directory. Most of there are a simple examples of how to link togheter the 3D blocks and how to use the materials, lights or object parameters. but in the forest.eywx patch you can view a fully implemented "3d" environments made using textured rectangles and a frontal camera view.
  • I do not know if Eyesweb can be used with VVVV. If you remeber when you have heard about that please attach a link to the post. The only :idea: idea i have is to send an image between Eyesweb and VVVV using the FreeFrames plugin "fugStream" found at http://wiki.bigfug.com/FreeFrameVideoStreaming. But actually the eyesweb 3D display draw the image directly on the screen and do not output images. So this way cannot be choosen to iteract between eyesweb 3D system and VVVV.

:!: Only a note: For this 3D catalog of blocks are planned a revision. A better documentation and revised tutorials are under construction.

Feel free to make any other questions,
bye

26 Feb 2009, 19:41

thanks for that!

Ill have to go and rethink my approah now and might ask a few more questions in a bit!

03 Mar 2009, 16:04
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]