View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 13:48

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Face Detection Tests 

Thanks alot for including a face detection block - haven't used Eyesweb for a while but I've just given it a go.

Few problems though - I've been trying to get it to work with a Sony PS 3 Eye. First of all it crashed Eyesweb - runtime error - but I discovered changing the Image Color Model in the grabber block to BGR fixed this.

After this, Eyesweb ran but there was no output from the face detection block. This could be because no faces were detected - I am using haarcascade_frontalface_alt.xml - but I kind of expected to see the grabbed image even if no faces were detected.

Also the CPU usage shoots right up and I cant stop the patch executing without killing the process in the task manager.

I've been using 5.0.3 but downloading latest nightly build to see if I can get any better results with that.

Gavin

26 Apr 2010, 16:48

Hi Gavin,

I confirm I'm getting the same result (crash) with the face detection block. I'm investigating it; in the meanwhile, you might try to test an alternative version by Maurizio Mancini. It's always based on the OpenCV libraries, however, the output is a bit more usable (the distributed block - when it works - only superimpose a rectangle on the input image where a face is found; the alternative version by Maurizio provides the coordinate of the rectangles as output).
Let me know the rev. number that you read in the EyesWeb about box, such that we can provide the additional dll.

Paolo

05 May 2010, 00:39

Some more stuffs.

Try to set the Scalefactor parameter to something >= 1.1
This should avoid the crash.

Paolo

05 May 2010, 01:41

Hello.

I am also very interested in the block version by Maurizio Mancini!
Can you tell me how to get it (I´m using the 5.1 nightly build)

Thanks

Tom

09 Jul 2010, 14:35

Here is the dll file containing the HaarCascade block. Once you instantiate the block you should provide the path of a cascade style sheet file. I'm attaching a file containing some cascade files distributed with OpenCV 2.0 (they are provided under the license contained in each file).
Details on the block parameters called "Min neighbors" and "Scale factor" can be found here: http://www710.univ-lyon1.fr/~bouakaz/Op ... ectObjects
Finally I'm attaching a patch that uses this block.
Maurizio

Attachments:
haar.eywx [33.58 KiB]
Downloaded 9458 times
haarcascades.zip [2.01 MiB]
Downloaded 9218 times
Maurizio_Base.zip [489.5 KiB]
Downloaded 9293 times
20 Sep 2010, 15:43
Hi Maurizio,

Thanks a lot in advance for your work.

I've installed the haarcascade block dll, but eyesweb still crashes when I start the patch. I do everything you said:instantiating the block, providing the path of a cascade style sheet file, but it doesn't seem to work, neither with the patch you provided.
I'm using version 5.1.0, I don't know if maybe there is the problem.

If you could help me I'll appreciate it.

14 Oct 2010, 02:09

The block HaarCascade is now included in the normal distribution.
Thus you can choose whether to upgrade to a nigtly build (ftp://ftp.infomus.org/Evaluate/EyesWeb/ ... _5.1.0.exe), or to wait for the upcoming 5.2.0 which will include the block.
Remember that nightly build are development snapshot that might be more unstable than standard releases.

Paolo

14 Nov 2010, 01:11
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]