View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:50

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Camera Tracking 

Hi

I am doing a project which requires tracking a square piece of plastic and then either outputting the data to another program or keeping it in this one to create and manipulate a 3D environment and was wondering what is the best way of doing this. Have had no success yet and wondered if anyone here could help.

Thanks in advance
Andy

04 Dec 2009, 01:34

Hi,
for the tracking task you have many possibilities using Eyw. It mainly depends on your environment; you might use background subtraction, color tracking, optical flow, or other techniques to track the piece of plastic. As for the 3d output, Eyw currently has some 3d capabilities, but they are very limited. What type of visualizations do you need; you probably might need to interface to an external rendering engine.

Paolo

07 Dec 2009, 01:40

Hi,

Well on the tracking task I am currently using a cd case and using background subtraction but not sure what type to do after that to get the co-ordinates and area best so then they can control the maze so the ball would react the same as in reality. I need the 3D environment to be a maze and ball in which the ball can move around the maze.

Thanks in advance

Andy

16 Dec 2009, 18:48
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]