View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:18

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Centroid Extraction 

Thanks - I'm just using Eyesweb 3 for now anyway.

Is the algorithim different in the new version? I'll have to check that!

12 Feb 2009, 02:55

Hello everybody... especially gavspav! Whereever I go... you have been there.. OT: Made a bidule that sends Pitchbend and alot CC´s.. created some scripts on receiver side in Vjo that do intelligent smoothing of the incoming 7 bit vars. Still did not find out how you did the slicing... More on this later. :)

OK, on topic:

We have been messing with the old Centroid Extraction alot in the last weeks. We managed feet it with a really clean BW image, no noise, no clutter, just the filled siluette. So conditions are perfect. We found the missing Y axis for foot close to body is quite limiting but think about working around this by doing a simple blob detection in these areas. Any better ideas?
Maybe this has been done before?

Sadly yesterday we had to find another bug in the Centroid Extraction: Left and right arm produce slightly different results on same input. The left arm always shows up a bit lower and closer to the body than the right arm and its also quite dependant on the right arm (it starts moving when you move the right arm). Anybody knows the reason for that? I also heard there might be a new build of the plugin, hopefully some of these problems got fixed? :geek:

15 Feb 2009, 16:16

It looks like pretty much the same - I've compared the two side by side and it looks like the only difference is the addition of the wrist parameter - which seems to be fairly inaccurate anyway.

So I guess its mostly a speed advantage.

17 Feb 2009, 23:42

Hey Gavspav, you are talking about the Centroid Calc that is included with 5.0.2.1?? We have been building on 5.0.2 since it said it was the latest stable, but very willing to test newer version. I found the nightly builds, but I'm a bit afraid they might be really alpha. Whats the most stable version that comes with the new Centrocalc??

We are doing background extract with Freeframe (Petes Levels & Backdrop Key), feed it into a Calc and extract X/Y in relation to body middle, scale it and output to midi CC's. We also us Extract Blob & Draw blob to blend away the gutter. So not to much magic is done in eyesweb, still learning.

18 Feb 2009, 17:52

Meierhans wrote:
Hey Gavspav, you are talking about the Centroid Calc that is included with 5.0.2.1?? We have been building on 5.0.2 since it said it was the latest stable, but very willing to test newer version. I found the nightly builds, but I'm a bit afraid they might be really alpha. Whats the most stable version that comes with the new Centrocalc??

The version that you can now find in folder /Evaluate/EyesWeb/XMI/Nightly/5.0.2.x is going to be release, as is, as the next stable version.

About the difference between current CentroidCalc block and the one in Eyw3: the algorithm is the same; there is only one more point added to the forearm, which should approximate a bit better the hand position. There may be some differences in speed, as the current block is based on most recent Intel IPP libraries.

Paolo

19 Feb 2009, 12:53

So Paolo is there a way of getting the data out of the new block yet? (Apart from drawing?)

Am I missing something? Dont see how the block is usable without this

I'm really crying out for this!

19 Feb 2009, 14:45

Bumo

That was supposed to say bump!

Nor bumo.

Which doesn't mean anything!

Gavin

30 Mar 2009, 14:54

So err is there a route to get the data out of the Centroid Extraction block yet?

Gav

22 Sep 2009, 09:03

It's possible to extract one item using "Filter Geometric Labeled Set" block. This block allows to extract item by label or by type.
Here there is an example patch.

You can use this label to extract item form centroids block:
head
cog
left_shoulder
right_shoulder
left_elbow
right_elbow
left_forearm
right_forearm
left_hand
right_hand